Chalet Sainte Appolonnie
is a chocolate-box chalet with its own designated driver service, set in the beautiful village of Les Allues.
Chalet Sainte Appolonnie is a 3-bedroomed gem. With its open-hearth fire, beautiful views, and sauna you’re in for a seriously good holiday in this traditional alpine chalet.
The chalet is ideal for 3 couples, a group of friends, or one or two families. We’ll run you up the hill in your own private minivan to the main resort of Meribel (only 10 minutes away). If you want to take things at a more leisurely pace, you can wander through the narrow streets of Les Allues to the bubble car station, where you’ll be whisked up to Meribel in less than 15 minutes.
At the end of your day, we’ll be waiting to bring you home again (although snow permitting, you may be able to ski all the way back to Les Allues). Then you can relax in the sauna, enjoy a delicious bubble bath, or chill out on the balcony. Before dinner, you can relax on our comfy sofas as we serve canapés, and after dinner, you can put your feet up with your coffee and chocolates in front of the roaring log-fire.
Chalet Sainte Appolonnie has three ensuite bedrooms. Two are downstairs and can be twins or doubles. There’s also the sauna on this floor. On the first floor, you come to the living room with fireplace, balconies, and dining area. A stairway takes you up to the mezzanine floor and another double room overlooking the living area. This room also has a sofa bed so you can sleep up to 4 here. There is no door to this room but still plenty of privacy, and there are louvred shutters to close the room off from the living room below.
- 7 nights’ accommodation.
- All food – prepared by your chalet hosts – cooked and continental breakfast, freshly made cakes and biscuits for afternoon tea served by your host, and a fantastic 3-course evening meal, with canapes, and coffee and chocolates. See our food page for details.
- Personally-selected fine wines, supplied by Viniguide Ltd.
- A crate of complimentary beer.
- A bottle of bubbly on your first night.
- Chalet staff will cook for you on 6 nights. They have one day off, when you can head out to one of the many fantastic restaurants in Les Allues or Meribel. We can recommend and reserve one for you.
- Our chauffeur to drop you off at the slopes each morning and pick you up in the afternoon. Available until 10am and from 4pm but you can ask nicely and often be picked up or dropped off between these times.
- All linen
- A hand towel and bath towel for each guest, and a fluffy bathrobe for each adult guest
- Exclusive use of your own private sauna.
- Cots and high chairs
What’s not included
- Ski pass – we can pre-order these for you so that they are waiting at the chalet. No queuing at the lift office.
- Ski hire – we recommend Slide Candy, and you can pre-book your skis and boots so that they’re waiting for you at the chalet.
- Travel – we can pick you up from an airport or train station, or you can make your own way to the chalet.
- Ski school – we can recommend excellent ski schools.
- Travel insurance – we recommend that you take out winter sports travel insurance. You can buy winter sports insurance with your ski pass.
Sainte Appolonnie Location
If you like quaint, rustic French villages, then Chalet Sainte Appolonnie is the place for you. The chalet sits snugly in a narrow lane, up a back-street of the medieval village of Les Allues, just below the resort centre of Meribel.
Les Allues is where many of the locals of the area live. It has retained its charm and character, unaffected by the high-life of Meribel.
The local church bells chime on the hour, there is a historic stone bread oven in the middle of the main street, and we’re sure we’ve seen an old boy in a beret riding a rickety bike with a string of garlic bulbs slung round his neck.
For all its traditional allure, Les Allues is only a stone’s throw from the most vibrant and extensive ski area in the world.
We’ll drive you the 10 minutes up to the slopes and back each day in our own minibus which makes it an easier way of getting to the snow than from many chalets located in Meribel itself.
If you wanted to make your own way to the pistes, then the Olympic Bubble Car station is only a 10-minute walk from the chalet. This then whisks you up to La Chaudanne, the main ski-lift area in Meribel in under 15 minutes.
There’s also a very regular free bus service between Meribel and Les Allues that runs late into the night, in case your apres-ski drink runs on a bit.
Chalet Sainte Appolonnie
- Log fire
- All bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms
- DVD player
- Satellite Freeview channels
- Bluetooth sound system
- A choice of games
- Free Wi-fi
- Ski locker
- Boot warmer
- Hair dryer in every room
- Cot and high chair
- Washing Machine and Dryer
- Free Parking nearby