Les Grands Sorbiers
Excellently-located self-catered chalet apartment, with stunning views across the valley. Ideal for families.
Les Grands Sorbiers
Les Grands Sorbiers is perfect for those wanting to enjoy the comfort and great location of one of our chalets, together with great value for money.
It’s an apartment set on 5 different levels, so as soon as you enter you feel like you’re in a chalet. The apartment is finished with alpine wooden interiors, and there are lots of great little nooks and crannies, Juliet balconies, and inside windows – it’s quirky, it’s cosy, kids will love it. It feels like staying in a tree-house in the mountains.
As you enter, you come to the open plan kitchen and dining area, with a stunning large sliding French door onto the balcony. From here you get views over the whole of Meribel, up to Mottaret, and down the valley as well.
The dining table seats 6 comfortably with room for 8. The kitchen is well equipped and includes a microwave, a dishwasher and a washing machine.
From the dining area, stairs lead to a sliding door onto the living room, and further up to Bedroom 1.
Bedroom 1 is an en-suite room which can be twin or double. The room has a skylight, and the bathroom comes with jacuzzi bath, basin and mascerator toilet.
The living room is warm and cosy and comes with TV, and free-to-air UK channels. There’s plenty of sofa space, one sofa can be used as a bed for an 8th guest.
Off the living room is a bathroom, with bath. shower and toilet. From the living room take a few steps up to a landing leading to Bedroom 3 – this room can be a twin or double room, and has a third bed, as a raised bunk. The room has a skylight window.
From the landing, head up to Bedroom 2 – a small room with massive views. It has a raised double bed, and you can lie on here, look out of the window and up the valley. If you leave the curtains open at night, you can doze off counting the stars, and wake up seeing the sun rise over the valley.
Next to Bedroom 2 is a shower room with toilet.
There’s a separate ski locker in the boot room one floor below the apartment.
- 7 nights’ accommodation
- Linen and towels
- Tourist tax
- A welcome pack of milk, tea, coffee, sugar, salt and pepper and washing up liquid and bin bags.
What's not included
- Food – you can self-cater, eat out, or we can recommend a food delivery service.
- Ski pass - we can pre-order these for you so that they are waiting at the chalet. No queuing at the lift office.
- Ski hire - we recommend Slide Candy, and you can pre-book your skis and boots so that they’re waiting for you at the chalet.
- Travel - we can pick you up from an airport or train station, or you can make your own way to the chalet.
- Ski school - we can recommend excellent ski schools.
- Travel insurance - we recommend that you take out winter sports travel insurance. You can buy winter sports insurance with your ski pass.
Les Grands Sorbiers Location
Les Grands Sorbiers is in the peaceful Renarde area of Meribel, on Route de la Renarde. It’s a short walk (about 4 minutes) from the apartment to the nearest piste, where you can ski down to La Chaudanne, the main lift area.
In the evening, it’s about a 10 – 12 minute walk into town downhill, and a good work out getting back up the hill afterwards. Or you can take the free bus which will stop by Les Petits Oignons restaurant from where it’s a 12 minute walk downhill back to the apartment.
- Sleeps 6 – 8 guests
- Stunning views
- 4-minute walk to the slopes
- TV with free-to-air UK channels
- Well-equipped kitchen with washing machine, dishwasher and microwave
- Free wifi
- Separate ski locker